What causes black stools after alcohol intake?
GI bleed, Post prandial distress syndrome.
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I am Dr.Barani and I am pleased to assist you.
I presume you are not on pepto bismol or iron supplements.
Black stool indicate bleeding in the upper GI tract.
An upper GI endoscopy should be done to look for the bleeding source.
Red blood clots indicate bleeding from the lower GI tract. Some of the common causes are hemorrhoids, colitis , angiodysplasia and malignancy.
Severe bloating after eating indicates post prandial distress syndrome. Gastroparesis ( slow functioning of the stomach) could be one possibility. You need to check your blood glucose level as diabetes is one of the common causes.
I would advise you to consult your Gastroenterologist for endoscopy.
Till then you can take Nexium once daily before breakfast for relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Alcoholic have black stools angina cause and remedy
- Causes of black stool after operation
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- What causes black stool after taking naporxen
- Does livogen z intake cause black stool
- Black stools after drinking alcohol
- What causes black stool after running
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause for black stool when on trazadone