What causes black stool?
I have an issue of acid reflux
It can be due to occult blood.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Black stool can also be a indicator of serious condition, such as bleeding in the digestive tract caused by a peptic ulcer(as you hsve history of reflex disease). Black stool that is tarry in texture and foul smelling is often a symptom of upper gastrointestinal bleeding from the esophagus, stomach or small intestine. This is called melena.
Bleeding that takes place in the esophagus, stomach, or the first part of the small intestine most often causes the stool to appear black or tarry.
Bleeding in the upper part of the GI tract will most often cause black stools due to: Abnormal blood vessels. Bloody or tarry stools refer to a stool sample that's either dark red or black in color. Bloody or tarry stools can indicate bleeding or other injuries in your gastrointestinal tract.
You may also have dark, discolored bowel movements after eating dark-colored foods
Wait for a day or two, If things are not better then few tests are to be done
Stool for occult blood.
upper g.i endoscopy
Colonoscopy to rule out the possible cause of blood.
But initially first confirm it whether stools contain blood or not(By test called stool for occult blood).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs that cause black stools
- What causes black stool with stomach cramps
- Causes for black stool in adults
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- What causes black stool after taking naporxen
- Causes of black stools
- What causes black stool after running
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause for black stool when on trazadone
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?