What causes black stool post alcohol consumption?
Tar like stool can indicate peptic ulcer bleeding.
Thank you for the query.
Have you been taking any medicines recently? Please note that some medicines used for stomach pain can cause black stools.
The point is if your stool is black like a tar or just dark brown. This is extremely important as tar like stool usually indicates bleeding from stomach or duodenum. If you have also upper middle abdominal pain peptic ulcer which is bleeding is very possible.
Dark brown stool along with green stool can be due to alcohol consumption and general gastrointestinal distress.
Your back pain can be due to urinary tract infection. Especially if your pain is rather in lower abdomen than upper. Frequent urinating, burning while urinating can be also present. Such infection can be related to recent intercourse.
I suggest you to consult your doctor. If you stool is tar like, visit ER. If not, visit your regular doctor. Blood work, urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound should be done. Gastroscopy should be considered.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black stool with stomach cramps
- Alcoholic have black stools angina cause and remedy
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- What causes black stool after taking naporxen
- What causes black stool after running
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- Alcohol consumption and green or black stool
- What is the cause for black stool when on trazadone
- Black stool alcohol consumption