What causes black spots on tongue?
epithelial changes of the surface of tongue.
Hi, thanks for your query. In my opinion, black spots over the dorsum of tongue is sometimes genetic , second it might be because of epithelial changes of the tongue surface like keratosis.
There is no treatment for genetic cause, keratosis changes can be treated with triamicilone oral ointment. Multivitamin with zinc tablets are also advised.
If symptoms persists, then medical evaluation is necessary.
Hope my answers have helped you.
Pleased to help you further. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause baby black patch tongue
- What causes black tongue discoloration
- Black spots on tongue cold sores cause of spots
- What cause tongue with brown spots
- What causes black blotches on the tongue
- Does prevacid cause black spot on tongue
- What causes tongue to turn black after vomiting
- What is the cause for black splotches on my tongue
- Have brown spot under tongue what is causing this
- Black spot tasteless tongue causes