What causes black spots on the sclera?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello
I have noticed 2 small black dots on the white of my eye. They seem to be on a tip of a vessel.
I think it has been there for years.
What might it be. A picture is attached.
Thank you in advance
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
it is a mole or you can say benign melanoma.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached picture. It is not tip of blood vessel, it is a mole. It is to be kept under observation for any growth and be examined by eye doctor in slit lamp or a loupe.It should be observed for specialy elevation and to exclude malignancy.If there is doubt then consult onchologist for examination and opinion like malignancy to be excluded.In my opinion it does not appear to be malignant. Do not tamper with it, leave it like that except observation. No treatment is required.For safer side you have consulted onchologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 1 hour later
Which one should be examined the one on the right hand side or the one in the middle?Sorry, I meant the dot on the left hand side or the dot in the middle?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
both are moles

Detailed Answer:
both should be examined. both are moles
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj