What causes black spot on toe of left foot?
Melanoma or a subcutaneous haematoma
Looking at the picture I suspect two possibilities - Melanoma or a subcutaneous haematoma.
Though with history first of all Melanoma needs to be ruled out.
Subcutaneous small bleed within tissue under the skin can also look like this.
I would suggest two things.
Wait and watch approach - Take serial photographs of this lesion every week with a measuring scale placed adjacent to it. The behaviour of lesion over a period can give doctor a idea what it is.
Aggressive approach - other suggestion is get a excision biopsy done, though it might turn out precautionary.Even this step of removing it and then determining what it is, can be undertaken in view of previous history.Since lesion is small , it will be a day care procedure.
Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
You are welcome.
It was pleasure assisting you.Do let me know what happened.
Please find time to post a positive review.
Try out healthcare magic XXXXXXX app.It can help you be in touch , particularly in emergency.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black between the toes
- What causes numbness in middle toe of foot
- What causes orange spot on toes
- What would cause the fourth toe on left foot to go numb
- What causes red toes
- What could cause numbness on the left big toe
- What causes blisters on toes
- What causes pain and numbness in toes and foot
- What is the cause of dark spot on toe
- What causes tender and black pinky toe