What causes black specks in stool?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I have first time tonight black seed like objects in my stool tons of them first time I ever saw them, Also I do want to join this as a monthly thing this is one question to be answered that's it. what are these?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestion below...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!

Black seeds in a stool perhaps indicates that you may have eaten something spiced with turmeric or curry.
These seeds may be undigested nigella seeds, black sesame seeds or other fruits.

Another rarely possibility of black seeds on stool is natural chelation process on GI tract related with foods and drinks that you have used recently.

There is nothing to be worried for the moment.

Wish you all the best!
Dr.Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
There alot of them and they are Big what about them being parasite eggs, I ahve collected them and can send a picture. ?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It would be great if you can send me a photo..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for follow up.

1.First of all it would be great if you send me a photo of your stools. So I can check it by myself.

2. If you haven't used any food with seeds and you continue to have stools with black seeds than you should check for ova and parasitic infection.

Otherwise after I have checked by my self your stool photo I can give you a more accurate opinion.
Wish you all the best
Dr.Klerida