What causes black specks in stool?
Increased bowel motility
Parasite eggs are so so small that they do not actually appear with naked eye, they have to be observed under 10-30x magnification. So I do not think of parasite eggs.
I agree with your doctor that pregnancy can have faster bowel motility. So the food that you consume daily could have something that is not fully digested and passed after partial or no digestion. These food pieces appear as black sesame seeds or sesame seeds itself were not digested.
I would also like to enquire if you take Iron preparations which are commonly supplement during pregnancy. You mentioned no medications but I wish to find if you take Iron preparation then there is change in the color of the stool. This is just another insight I give.
there is the answer
So it could be iron containing pills.
Please let the doctor aware of when you have antenatal visit.
Please close our discussion if you do not have anymore questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black tarry stools
- What causes black runny stool
- Does probiotic cause black specks in stool
- What causes white specks in stool
- What causes a black paste stool
- What causes black watery stools
- What causes black stools
- What causes black specks in stool
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- Noticed black specks in stool what could be causing this
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?