What causes black oily substance in stool?
If stool color is normal,supplements are the cause
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and shall try my best to help you as much as possible.
Black oily substance along with stool is usually seen due to dark food (containing dyes or coloring agents), medications, or supplements (in your case the cause). Please note that if at all your stool changes in color (dark brown or black in color), report to your doctor immediately as this could be a sign of a bleed somewhere in the gastrointestinal tract (usually upper).
But as you mentioned that your stool is normal color and also because you are on supplements, the cause is most probably just the supplements you are on sir. Do not worry about it. If at all you wish, you could report to your doctor for a thorough evaluation.
I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes orange oily substance in stool
- What causes black tarry stools
- What causes black runny stool
- What causes a black paste stool
- What causes black specks in stool
- What causes black watery stools
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What causes white rubbery substance in stools
- What causes oily undegested food stools
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...