What causes black discolouration of the teeth with halitosis?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Dental Health
Question: i have damged and black teeth. so its effecting a lot and getting bad smell also
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment depends on severity of decay, needs more details..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain decay in teeth can lead to blackening of teeth and it can cause bad smell from mouth..

Please answer the following questions so that I can guide you better..
1.In total how many teeth are decayed??
2.Do you have pain in teeth also?
3.Are the teeth broken or fractured with decay or there is only blackening?
4.Since how long it is happening?

Please revert back with answers..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
1.In total how many teeth are decayed??
A.4
2.Do you have pain in teeth also?
A. Yes
A. Only Blackening
4.Since how long it is happening?
A. 3 Months
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs clinical evaluation, x Ray.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

As your teeth are painful also it seems that there is deep infection in teeth leading to nerve exposure..
It is causing nerve irritation and inflammation that is the cause for pain..
I would suggest you to consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated and a clinical evaluation and investigations like IOPAR (X RAY) can help in ruling out the severity of decay..
If there are nerve exposure and toth is in position to be saved then Root Canal Treatment is advised..
As of now take anti-inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen if not allergic to it..

You can also revert back with scans of x rays so that I can guide you better and more appropriately how you should proceed for treatment..

Any further questions are welcome..

Regards..