What causes black discoloration besides the testicles?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018
Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
hi doc...my skin beside my testicle as in inner thigh both side near penis are turning black and they dont itch so not sure what has happened...can you plz help

Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be a fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Namaskar !

Thanks for the good photograph.
This is a black patch that has developed- you say it is on both sides.

Can you please tell me since when have you noticed this?
Is the skin sensation normal if you pinch or prick it?
Do you remember applying any lotion or a product for some problem?

As per the photo you have given, this looks to be due to a fungal infection and application of something which has discolored the skin. And you must be staying in a humid condition or your job may be required to stand or sit for a long time with full clothes on.
There is a clear-cut line of demarcation.

Follow-up: What causes black discoloration besides the testicles? 11 minutes later
Thanks doc for your reply...I did not apply any lotion or anything ever and yes you are right that my job is to sit for long hours with full clothes on...the skin does not hurt except occasional minor itch....I noticed this long time back when it was small and ignored it as it did not hurt...the dark patch has increases to a considerable size and it does not itch or bleed....just looks like a dirty patch in my inner tigh near groin...can you please advice on the medicines or cream that can help me to get rid of this???

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pure anti-fungal cream only

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
You can apply pure anti-fungal lotions like candid.
Please never apply any ointment which contains a combination of other medicines too.
Take any anti-oxidant / multivitamin available over the counter for a long time as it helps to maintain the integrity of the skin.
Use loose pants, and whenever possible keep the area well aerated.

Follow-up: What causes black discoloration besides the testicles? 6 minutes later
One last question doc....so for cream I can apply candid and what oral medicine should I take and in what quantity for how long???

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get a prescription for oral anti-fungal

Detailed Answer:
You need a prescription and consult a local Doctor to get one for fluconazole or other anti-fungal oral tablets.
Multivitamins are available over the counter or get one as suggested by your Doctor.
Please do not hesitate to consult a Dermatologist (Skin Specialist) at least for a second opinion.