What causes black coloured clots in urine?
UTI could trace back upto the kidneys and cause problems there
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query. However, I would need more information to arrive to conclusion. I would request you to upload the following reports:
* Urine microscopy done recently and culture sensitivity reports, if available.
* Ultrasonogram of KUB (kidney ureter bladder)
* DMSA Scan - a radionuclide scan that uses dimercaptosuccinic acid (as a radioactive tracer) in assessing renal morphology, structure (static scan), and function.
* Blood creatinine
If any of the above have not yet been done, kindly get them done and share the results. The urinary tract infection could trace upward to the kidneys and could cause problems anywhere in the tract. The DMSA scan will help in detecting if such an injury is the cause of the blood clots.
I would await your response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black worms in urine
- What causes small clot of blood in urine
- What causes black granules in urine
- What could cause brownish colour during urination
- Causes for honey coloured urine
- What causes clotting of blood while urinating
- Orange coloured urine causes
- What causes tea coloured urine
- What causes black flakes in urine
- What is causing black urine