• question-icon

What causes black coloured clots in urine?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: For the past two years I've seen about 8 doctors for my symptoms but no doctor can find out what's going on I been urinating black sticky clots. They do rounds of test and nothing shows up on the test except uti. And being intemate with my boyfriend is painful and have had pap smears to the doctors knowledge come back fine but I still have symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
UTI could trace back upto the kidneys and cause problems there

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. However, I would need more information to arrive to conclusion. I would request you to upload the following reports:
* Urine microscopy done recently and culture sensitivity reports, if available.
* Ultrasonogram of KUB (kidney ureter bladder)
* DMSA Scan - a radionuclide scan that uses dimercaptosuccinic acid (as a radioactive tracer) in assessing renal morphology, structure (static scan), and function.
* Blood creatinine

If any of the above have not yet been done, kindly get them done and share the results. The urinary tract infection could trace upward to the kidneys and could cause problems anywhere in the tract. The DMSA scan will help in detecting if such an injury is the cause of the blood clots.

I would await your response.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha