What causes black colored lumps on the scrotal sac?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have about 6 Angiokeratomas on my scrotum. Are these idciatve of any disease such as Farbys, or nothing to worry about.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified Dermatologist for clinical examination and biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have noticed 6 small black colored lumps on scrotal sac suspecting them to be Angiokeratomas .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) What is the duration of these lesions ?
2) Did you have bleeding from any lesion at any time ?
3) Do you have Varicocele ?
4) Do you have pain in legs ?
5) Do you have any suspected kidney disease ?
6) Will you please upload photograph of your Scrotum ? It will help me to make precise diagnosis .

Angiokeratomas are common to occur on scrotum and genitals and usually do not require any treatment unless get infected ,increase in size or bleed .

As regards your doubt about these lesions being Fabrys disease it can be confirmed only on histopathological examination (Biopsy ) of the lesion for which you will need to consult qualified Dermatologist .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 36 minutes later
Not sure how long ive had them. They dont bleed unless I pick at them. My kidney function is normal. I do have undiagnosed pins and needles, and some dizzyness which I heard can be symptons of farbys. And also very mild L ventricle enlargement which doc is not concerned with but i heard that can be farbys. I am 32. I thought test for farbys was simple blood test. Pictures attached.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are small sebaceous cysts.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up and uploading photographs .

These are small multiple sebaceous cyst which are common to occur on scrotal sac .They are not Angiokeratomas as suspected by you ..

The scrotal skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.

In case these cyst increase in size or get infected Consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment. If needed some of them which are bigger may need to get excised in Toto (Completely along with the sac)

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.