What causes black coloration of skin around thigh?

Dr. Guru

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi I've got black skin around my thigh .think I've some fungal infection
Answered by Dr. Guru 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, there is chance

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Yes, there is chance that it may be fungal infection. Candid cream can be helpful if it is fungal, a Physical examination is mandatory to assess this since there are variety of other causes that needs to be ruled out.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health!
Follow up: Dr. Guru 32 minutes later
Hi doctor,

thanks for the answer .I've attached pic of the dark skin..also can you provide name of Candid cream which can help..
Answered by Dr. Guru 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have already tried potent antifungal

Detailed Answer:

You have already tried potent antifungal(terbinafine) without improvement. This is similar to Candid. Moreover, I have seen the picture and think that it might not be fungal. You need to see a dermatologist as Physical examination is mandatory to assess this since there are variety of other causes that needs to be ruled out.

Take care!