What causes black brownish line forming across on the penis?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello . I have been noticing a black brownish line forming across on my penis like a ring . surface is rough I feel it it's different from the rest when touch . I have been with the same partner for past 2 years and I also took a std panel test about 2 weeks ago and it all came out good . The line was just two spots before . They been there for 4 months or so now. But now they are forming a line . The spots are still there along with a line if stretch a lil to see more clearly I see small tiny black dots type thing very tiny . like they are stick to skin. It does itch sometime but not all the times . What could it be ? warts or fungal infection? or something else ? Please don't mind the pics . Thank you
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to Balanoposthitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic

Greetings of the day

From the description given and clinical photograph provided it appears to be Balanoposthitis with super added fungal infection.

I would suggest you the following

1 Hot Seitz bath : To a tub of lukewarm water add 2 spoon of dettol. Sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day.

2. Dry and clean the area thoroughly

3. Local application of combination of Clotrimazole which is a antifungal and Betamethasone which is a steroid twice a day for 2 weeks will be helpful.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD