What causes black blood pockets in eyes after a head injury?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I was hit on the head yesterday above my right eye there were no concussion symptoms emts did not take to er. This morning it is bblack around my right eye and black blood pockets i was not hit in the eye. What is this and should i go to er
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Head injury with conjuctival hemotoma

Detailed Answer:
It was injury in fore head. First thing is to give ice compression on swelling if any. Blood in eye comes from injury site because of developmental continuity of layer. it is a conjunctiva hematoma. It is self limiting not require any treatment.In15 days of time it will be absorbed. Nothing to worry about it. It will not affect eye in any way.