What causes black and blue blister under skin on lower leg?
Hematoma leg, local care of the area
I have seen the attached picture .
You seem to have developed a hematoma over your leg. Now this is basically a collection of clotted blood which can occur after any trauma over a bony prominence.
All you need to do is to give ice compresses over the affected area atleast three to four times daily. In addition, take oral vitamin c 500 mg tablets once daily. This will help in rapid clearance of the collected blood.
Try not to rub or press the area so as to avoid any further trauma to the region.
I am sure this will help in bringing down the swelling in three to five days.
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and blisters in legs
- What causes red and itchy blisters on legs and arms
- What causes elongated blister under the eyes
- What causes blisters on the end of the amputee leg
- Skin blisters on lower legs
- Will blister causes thickening of skin
- What causes blisters in legs and arms
- Skin blisters causes
- Having large blisters on legs recurring underlying cause
- Causes for blister in elderly leg