What causes birth mark like lesion on buttock?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Sudden birthmark outer buttock looks like a burn, not raised, no pain or itch. Color disappears if pressed.
This suddenly appeared. No pain or itch, not raised. If pressed, color disappears.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload some good resolution pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Please tell since when do you have this mark?
Also please click some close up pictures of the skin lesion and upload them here on this page.
I will get back to you after I take a look at the exact skin lesions.

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 16 minutes later
It has been here a week, showed up suddenly
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Localised collection of blood, will slowly resolve

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have seen the attached picture.
The skin lesion seems to be a bruise. This is basically a collection of blood which can occur due to coming out red blood cells from the blood vessels.
Nothing really needs to be done.
It will change colors and will slowly disappear.
You can take oral vitamin c tablets once a day for rapid healing .
It must have occurred secondary to some trauma, or scratching or sometimes after some insect bite. So there is really nothing to be worried about.
It will resolve in about ten to fourteen days.

Dr Geetika Paul