What causes bilateral hilar enlargement?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 in General Health
Question: Bilateral hila are mildly enlarged eith bilateral broncho-vascular prominence & faint inhomogeneous opacity in right zone.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of infection.

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxx XXXXXXX Hi
Good evening.

The faint inhomogeneous opacity in the right zone with bilateral vascular prominence are suggestive of pneumonia (lung infection).

Can you please provide the following details:

1. Do you have any symptom of cough with sputum, fever, sweating, weight loss or difficulty in breathing?
2. If so, since how long?
3. Do you smoke?

Awaiting your reply so as to analyze the chest x ray findings with the symptoms if you have.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 13 minutes later
Yes there was cough with sputum. Since 1 Month. No I don't smok.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of infection.

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxx XXXXXXX Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Since you have been having cough with sputum for the past one month or so, infection like TB has to be ruled out.
You may need to undergo certain lab tests like CBC, ESR, Sputum for Acid Fast Bacilli (AFB) to confirm the diagnosis.
Hence, I advise you to visit a physician for proper clinical examination and the relevant lab tests as advised above followed by appropriate treatment.
Hope this answers your query.