What causes belching and flatulence along with explosive diarrhea?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been belching and passing gas that smells like rotten eggs, then I have explosive diarrehea.

I forgot to tell you that I go from having diarrhea to being constipated with blockage. Right now I am not having blockage as often;mostly on and off diarrhea.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depleted intestinal flora!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HCM.
Most likely it's due to disturbed gastro intestinal flora.Our gut consists of its own environment of micro organism called gut flora.They are responsible for proper digestion of food.Once this flora is depleted by toxins released by bacteria or due to other factors,many of G.I symptoms like bloating belching vomiting constipaion loose stools etc can be there.
i would suggest you to take a good probiotic for 4 week. This will again replenish the depleted flora. Once the flora is replenished intestinal motility and secretions will be improved. Tablet Pantoprazole (40mg once daily before breakfast) can be taken along with it to provide relief.Drink a lot of fluid and electrolytes to replenish the level in blood as sodium and potassium is lost in vomiting and loose motions.
Apart from medicines some suggestions are-
Eat a lot of fiber in diet 30-40 gram per day.
Have ispaghula husk 2 tsf twice daily.
Drink a lot of orange juice and coconut water.
Eat lot of vegetable and fibrous fruits like oranges and pears.
No smoking or alcohol.
No burger, pizza, over fried or spicy food.
Take lots of yogurt in diet.
Please try this for 4 weeks and report me how you feel.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad