What causes belching along with rumbling under left rib cage?
Rumbling feeling/gurgling under left rib cage
Nausea- not daily and only occasionally
I have also felt like an empty stomach feeling when I just ate.
The most predominant symptom is the rumbling under rib cage and belching! It's pretty consistent!
I am a 26 year old male.
Dyspepsia with GERD
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
You are having symptoms of dyspepsia and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
The rumbling and gurgling are due to indigestion and increased gas.
An upper GI endoscopy and test for Helicobacter pylori may be done.
You can take prilosec and probiotics for relief.
I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Is dypsepsia something I should worry about?
Nothing to worry
Dyspepsia is not a thing to worry about unless you have the following symptoms.
1. Weight loss
2. Blood vomiting
3. Black stools.
If these three are not there, you need not worry.
Just continue taking the medications.
Normal stools only
Your stools are normal only.
Your symptoms might probably be due to a stomach bug and the resulting indigestion.
As suggested earlier, take prilosec and probiotics for relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes flutter under right rib cage
- Duodenitis causing pain under left rib cage
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes cramps in rib cage
- What is the cause of rib cage sensitivity
- Discomfort under left rib cage with belching
- What causes muscle spasms under rib cage
- What is causing tenderness and discomfort under rib cage
- What causes soreness in rib cage
- What causes movement under rib cage