What causes belches to taste like ammonia?

Question
What if your belches taste like amonia? Does that mean anything?

Thank you for your help.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Acid reflux

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Most common cause of ammonia like smell is belching is due to Gastro esophageal reflux disease, that is simply acid reflux.

If your breath smells like ammonia then a possibility of dental caries could be there.

I would recommend you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day empty stomach for a few days and see for the response.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD