What causes bacteria pseudomonas aeruginosa in urine culture while treating kidney stones?

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in General Health
Question: I had kidney stone issue past 2 weeks back. Though stone was small and got passed , it was ok..but then Urologist had done urine culture and he found below bacteria pseudomonas aeruginosa
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please share your concerns/queries for better guidance

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for contacting HCM. I'm Dr. Muhammad XXXXXXX Rauf and will look into your problem.

I have gone through your statement and was unable to find a query. I would request you to please share your concerns so that i can assist you in a better way.

I'll be looking forward for your reply to guide you in a better way.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 34 minutes later
I had kidney stone issue past 2 weeks back. Though stone was small and got passed , it was ok..but then Urologist had done urine culture and he found below bacteria pseudomonas aeruginosa

Count is 50000 to 100000 per month

Is this worry some situation ?
Brief Answer:
Yes, count is significant

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for getting back. Yes this count is significant and sensitivity test needs to be done to check for sensitive antibiotic and treatment should be given for treating this organism. P. aerugiona is not normally found in urine sample so if it appears then it means that it is significant in causing UTI.

Hope i have answered your query. If you have any followup then feel free to ask.