What causes backache and left-arm ache despite normal ECG and ECHO results?

Cardiologist
Question
Left arm and upper back discomfort on excercise had an ecg echo and holter which all came back normal (I also managed to do a bit of excercise when I was wearing the holter). Im a 20 year old man with slightly elevated blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Im 82 kilos 176cm tall
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to any cardiac disorders.

Your performed cardiac tests which have resulted normal, and this is very reassuring.

Anyway, an exercise cardiac stress test would help definitely exclude any possible coronary artery disease (although it would be really exceptional at your age).

I would like to know if the upper back discomfort and in the left arm is modulated by body movement or physical activity. This fact would indicate a musculo-skeletal pain as the main cause of your complaints.

I would also recommend performing a cervico-thoracic spine X ray study to investigate for any possible bulging disc in the vertebral column, which can lead to irradiating radicular nerve pain in this region.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri