What causes back spasms?
Back spasm can be due to lack of calcium
I have studied your case and I understand that back spasm is a big problem. Most common cause in my practice of such spasm are:
1.Low calcium in blood
2. Low salt intake
3. Low serum B 12
So I would suggest you to get your calcium, Sodium and B 12 level checked. If there is any deficiency then treatment can be started accordingly.
Once you are done with these tests, I would suggest you following depends on your report.
1. Back muscle strengthening exercises
2. Avoid very cold temperature.
3. Take warm water shower and a glass of salty lemonade if spasm occurs.
4.take regular calcium and vitamin D3
5. Tablet Methylcobal after discussing with your doctor.
6. Muscle relaxant if pain is also present.
I hope these measures will be helpful in your back muscle spasm. For your feeling of period like sensation, I would suggest you to not to be worried. This happens due to hormonal variation. Soon you will feel better as your body will learn adapt to hysterectomy.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any followup queries.