What causes back pain?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Back Pain
Question: I have had back pains for the last 2 months That has not improved with PT and chiropratcer care. The Pain is spreadijg to te ribs and chest area now

Any ideas whats going on ? I have read that pain can radiate from The back to the rib cage area
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may need some investigations

Detailed Answer:
Back pain is a common problem and it is caused by multiple factors. You have tried physio for some time but it has not improved, so I want to suggest you to investigate this pain.
1. Get x ray of the spine to see if there is problem with
2. Get MRI to see if there is any disc herniated.
These two tests will help us about our further management. Physiotherapy will take some time to show any effect. So continue that. I recommend Myoril tablet in my patients along with Diclofenec tablet. This will give you good pain relief when you are doing physiotherapy.
I hope this answer will be useful to you. Let me know if you want to ask any other questions.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D