What causes back pain, weakness and fast heart beat?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: 1.Occasional feverishness in the day from last 1 month.
2.Warm feeling on neck and breath.
3.Temparature charting done at 6hr intervals underarm recording Morning 96.6F-97.1F
Evening 97.2 F-98.1 F
4. Back pain when standing or walking for more than 20 mins.
5.Right ankle pain backside.
I have attached the doctors prescription and also MRI and Bone scan reports.

Other symptoms
1.weakness
2.sometimes faster heartbeat

please give your opinion
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Getting correct treatment.

Detailed Answer:

I have seen the attached reports. The symptoms that you have are related to vitamin D 3 deficiency. The low back pain is due to disc prolapse and nerve root compression at L5-S1. The pain in right ankle can be due to possible bony spurs in the area.

You are getting the right treatment. Regular exercise and physiotherapy are necessary in addition to the supplements prescribed for a long term relief. The symptoms will take 3-4 weeks to show an improvement.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 hours later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX
pl advise

1.If I can continue walking my routine 4/5 km/day.
2.If the medicines of cholecalciferol need to be continued after a period of 10 days.
3. Is there any specific reason for disc prolapse /neve root compression at L5 -S1

regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
1. You can continue walking if it is not very painful. If the pain is acute then let the pain subside first then continue your routine.
2. Yes. Cholecalciferol needs to be continued till your Vitamin D 3 level return to normal. It is usually given for 6-8 weeks.
3. This is an age related degenerative change of the spine. Regular physiotehrapy exercises will help in decreasing the disease progression.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.