What causes back pain post protected sex?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had protected sex with an unknown woman around a week ago.after 2 days the head of the pennies started to burn and there was slight pain in my testicles.now the burning sensation is very less and pain in testicles have gone.BT there is pain inside the head of pennis.I spoke to a urologist and he suggested ceftum 500.plz guide.what should I do?. Today I have a back pain also.is it because of this?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Backache unrelated to exposure

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

The cause of backache is unrelated to exposure you have had.

In the absence of discharge from urethral opening and absence of ulcer there is no cause for concern.

I would suggest you the following
1. Hot Seitz bath : To a tub of lukewarm water add handful of common table salt. Sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day. It will relieve the penile pain
2. Hot water fomentation to back
3. Analgesic like Ibuprofen will be helpful for backache.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 30 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for replying. If not the intercourse what was the cause of the burning sensation and pain in my pennis all of a sudden. Since I had used a protection I should not have had any kind of infection.Then how did I manage to get one.since this was the first time I had intercourse is it normal to get pennile burning and testicle pain ? . what abt the medicine ceftum500?. According to your prescription how long it would take for my condition to be normal?.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be due to friction

Detailed Answer:
Hi

During sexual intercourse there is some amount of trauma to external urethral meatus due to friction. That will explain your symptoms which you are experiencing. Ceftum is an antibiotic which is usually prescribed based on assumption that there could be some infection.

As the testicular pain has subsided and you do not have urethral discharge there is no cause for concern.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 49 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX After looking carefully I have observed there is slight puss coming.The opening has become a bit dark..in DAT case what should be done?.Also I feel like urinating quiet often. I am tensed.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Continue taking the antibiotic as advised which will take care of Urinary complaints. It would be helpful if you could get back with clinical photograph for further assessment.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 16 minutes later
I have attached a pic.kindly have a look. is it just a bacterial infection or some std?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue oral antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Good morning

From the clinical picture provided there looks no serious issue. There is slight inflammation at the tip.

I would suggest you the following
1. Hot Seitz bath as previously advised
2. Local application of combination of Soframycin ointment and Betnovate ointment to the tip thrice a day
3. Continue the antibiotic as advised

Keep me updated about progress

Best regards
Dr Deepak