What causes back pain and tired eyes?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: Have a backache, head feels hot and eyes tired. No fever. I am 75 years old, very healthy, but blood pressure has been high recently 156/83
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
At old there can be degenerative wear of bones, mu

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case with diligence.

At old there can be degenerative wear of bones, muscles, ligament and facet joint arthritis, due to deficiency of calcium, vitamin D, VIT B12.so supplements of these nutrients can relieve back pain.
Head may feel hot and eyes tired due to high blood pressure, you may need to further check for reason of high blood pressure.
Check your bone strength with DEXA SCAN and you can start medication according to level of osteoporosis.
MRI spine will help to see for any nerve compression.
And also check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

I will advise you to do regular physiotherapy and exercises as my patients find much relief by these therapies.
You may consult physiotherapist for guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case you need to take diet rich in calcium and vitamin D.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
If you find this answer helpful do not hesitate to rate this answer at end of discussion. Wishing you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
These symptoms only started 4 days ago when I started taking the antibiotic levofloxacin. I am wondering if they are related to that. During the past 4 days it has gotten worse and worse until I feel very debilitated that I don't want to do anything. I am a vey active person who exercises every day. I also do take calcium and vitamin D supplements everyday
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Yes levofloxacin is known to cause photo toxicity.
Also dizziness, lightheadedness, or trouble sleeping may occur. If any of these effects persist consult your doctor.

Thats good that you take calcium and vit supplement.