What causes back pain and spotting post an IUD implantation?
Mirena causes back pain for few days
Hi, Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.
You are right.
Mirena does cause back pain. Your uterus tries to throw it out initially considering it as a foreign body. There is likely to be pain for few days due to Uterine contractions.
This will slowly reduce over next week. You can consider taking pain killers or antispasmodic medicines meanwhile.
Let me know if you need anymore help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breathlessness and back pain
- What causes abdominal painlower back pain and spotting
- What causes bloating and back pain
- Can an iud cause back pain
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes middle back pain
- Iud cause leg and back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes back pain in ict