• question-icon

What causes back pain and frequent urination?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I have a back ache about waist high. I have had a bad cold and also felt I probably have a uti because i am urninating a lot more than usual. My back ache continues. It is okay while I am lying down but starts up as soon as I stand up.
YYYY@YYYY .
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be a muscular or related to urine infection.

Detailed Answer:
The back ache that you have can be a muscular or related to urine infection.
TREATMENT: Some general guidelines can help you to reduce lower back pain. These are as follows:

1) Take adequate bed REST with maintaining posture. Individuals who do not regularly exercise to build strength and flexibility are more likely to experience recurrent or prolonged lower back pain.

2) Alternate Hot water bottle or Ice pack can help to relieve most types of low back pain by reducing inflammation.

3) Non-Steroid Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are quite useful to reduce inflammation and back pain. You need proper prescription from your doctor.

4) Exercise for Lower Back Pain : It is a key element of almost any lower back pain treatment plan. You may contact with Physiotherapist regarding this.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon