What causes back pain and fever during pregnancy?
You may have a kidney infection and need to go to the hospital
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.
Your symptoms sound like they may be due to a kidney infection. Pregnant women get urinary tract infections more easily and if they are not treated properly the infection can spread to the kidneys. Your kidneys are under your lower back, and they start to hurt if you have an infection in your urine.
The one positive thing about this situation is that it does not affect the baby unless you don't get medical care right away.
You need antibiotics to cure a kidney infection, and sometimes even IV antibiotics on the hospital. So I really think you should go to your local hospital if you don't have a doctor you can see right away.
I am genuinely worried about you and I hope you follow my advice and go to the emergency room for evaluation. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a back pain after a fever
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- Tdap back pain and fever
- Shivering with fever back pain
- Fever back pain rashes
- Fever back pain fatigue
- What causes lower right back pain and low grade fever
- Back pain fever constipation
- Typhoid fever back pain
- Back pain during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for irregular menstrual cycles post acupuncture
- What causes extreme weakness, fatigue and numbness during periods?
- Is pregnancy possible through oral sex?
- Can Femara be taken while treating infertility?
- What causes bleeding in cervix after taking Macrobid?
- How to calculate the length of menstrual cycle?
- Is there any relation between blood type and the ability to conceive?
- How safe and successful is VBAC?
- What causes burning sensation and itchiness in the vagina?
- What causes constant vaginal discharge in adult women?