What causes bacd breath despite following dental hygiene?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
after I brush my teeth and use special mouthwash my breathe is still not fresh, what could be going on?
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any other Symptoms?

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
The most probable reasons for not having fresh breath are as follows.
Sinusitis, upper respiratory infection , lower respiratory infections, GERD and so on.

More information would have helped me to give you the information of personalized basis. Please let me know if you have any other symptoms ? Are there any changes you have noticed in the oral cavity, pharynx, or gastro-intestinal disturbances?

Is there any feeling of foetor means bad smell too?

Follow-up: What causes bacd breath despite following dental hygiene? 2 hours later
I've suffered with acid reflux in the past

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
This can be a reason.

Detailed Answer:
Acid reflux can be without actual symptoms sometimes, giving such problems which you are feeling. Take the medicines like antacids which you took in the past and may help you.