What causes awful smell of vagina?
I have a problem. Very embarrassing to say the least. My vagina has an odor. Like a really stinky one. Ive had tests no STD's or infections. I clean well. But the smell will not go away?
IF SWAB AND CULTURE IS NEGATIVE, DO NOT WORRY
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
BV - bacterial vaginosis - is the only condition that causes a characteristic vaginal odour.
Have you been tested for it ?
Have a vaginal swab and culture done .
Other than that, if your infection screen is clear, then do not worry.
Do not use medicated or perfumed gels, soaps, douches, cleansers etc.
Just clean the vagina with lukewarm water and XXXXXXX dry.
Change undergarments frequently.
Wash thoroughly from front to back after using the washroom every time.
Use local Neosporin powder for keeping the area clean and dry.
Normal vaginal odour is also fishy , so maybe that is what is troubling you.
Get your partner also screened for STDs.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in vagina
- What cause vagina to be chapped
- What causes atopobium vaginae
- What causes awful smell from vagina
- What causes change in vagina
- What is the cause of distended vagina
- Cause for the strong smell in the vagina
- What causes abnormal smell from vagina and queefing
- What causes foul smell in the vagina
- What causes lumps in vagina