• question-icon

What causes avascular necrosis?

Posted on Sat, 28 Jun 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: what is in a decocompressiom with some ome with avasulaer necousis

0have had avasulael necousis since last july 2003 how can a person treat it
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this avascular necrosis of the femoral head. I am pretty sure this has been a source of great pain to you. I very much hope your pain medications have been adequately titrated to address this pain fully.

Decompression surgery in this case means the doctor would go in to take off the necrosed femoral head that is good for nothing else but for causing pains. This would greatly help to lessen then intensity of this pain.

Has your doctor discussed the possibility of a hip replacement with you? ask him if this is an option that you may benefit fro and hear what his response is.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah