What causes auditory hallucinations?
You may have musical ear syndrome
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.
I think, you have musical ear syndrome. Let me explain you musical ear syndrome. Musical ear syndrome describes a condition seen in people who have hearing loss and subsequently develop auditory hallucinations. "MES" has also been associated with musical hallucinations, which is a complex form of auditory hallucinations where an individual may experience music or sounds that are heard without an external source. In that case, you can try low dose antipsychotic. Gabapentin is a anticonvulsant drug. It would not show any effect in your case. Better to consult a psychiatrist for proper evaluation and management.
In case, you need further help, you can ask.
Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes hallucinations
- Can acoustic neuroma cause auditory hallucinations ?
- What is the cure for auditory hallucinations
- Hypnagogic auditory hallucinations,hypnagogic auditory hallucinations
- Can abscessed tooth cause auditory hallucinations
- What causes hypnopompic hallucinations
- Is it common for intuniv to cause auditory hallucinations
- Auditory hallucination causes
- Hallucination causes
- Auditory hallucinations schizophrenia causes