What causes aspiration pneumonia after neck surgery?
A neurosurgeon can evaluate the possibilities of nerve repair.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic.
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description it is obvious that the damaged nerves are the prime reason for your aspiration pneumonia.
You have to consult a neurosurgeon or an intervention neuroradiologist to explore the possibilities of a reparing the damaged nerve. In some cases it is possible to correct the defect by nerve grafting, where in damaged nerve is replaced with a portion of nerve segment taken from your calf.
Timely treatment is vital for aspiration pneumonia to avoid unwanted complications, consult a physician immediately in case of symptoms like cough and fever. Vigorous antibiotic therapy and supportive measures are needed once aspiration pneumonia is confirmed.
Since you are prone to develop aspiration, various life style changes and diet modifications are needed to prevent future aspiration. Which include swallowing techniques and speech therapy. An ENT specialist or a trained palliative specialist can teach you the same.
Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. SHINAS XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from aspiration pneumonia what are the remedies available
- Cefepime aspiration pneumonia
- Proteus mirabilis in aspiration pneumonia
- Symptoms of aspiration pneumonia after a tonsillectomy
- What is aspiration pneumonia
- Recurrent aspiration pneumonia causes
- Aspiration pneumonia vomiting
- How is aspiration pneumonia treated
- Aspiration pneumonia after tonsillectomy
- Aspiration pneumonia causes
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?