What causes anxiety while weaning off Citalopram?
A more slower drug reducing regime should be considered.
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.
There is no particular regime for reducing the dose of antidepressants.
Every clinician goes by his personal experience.
In my opinion, the dose of citalopram should be reduced by 10 mg every two weeks.
I would suggest that you should take 30 mg for two weeks, then 20 mg for next two weeks and so on.
Considering your age, the body will take time to re-adjust itself without drug.
If you experience intolerable anxiety with this tapering regime, even slower tapering should then be considered.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
I wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden anxiety attack
- What causes anxiety and mood swings
- What causes anxiety attacks
- What causes anxiety disorder
- What is the cause of anxiety when on klonopin
- Diagnosed with anxiety disorders what is the cause
- What could be the cause of anxiety menupause
- What causes severe anxiety
- What causes severe anxiety attacks
- What causes depression and anxiety