What causes anxiety while on Ezetimibe and Trintellix?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I am taking three new medications. one for cholestrol one for kidneys and one for depression.
I am having side effects of anxiousness anxiety and do not know which medication is causing this
1. trintellix
2. Ezetimibe 3. Losartan potassium
when will I receive answer to my question. Looking at email and have not gotten doctor email answer
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trintellix might cause anxiousness in beginning.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

You are on Trintellix which is an antidepressant and anti anxiety drug, Ezetimibe which is a lipid lowering drug and Losartan which is an antihypertensive. These drugs are relatively well tolerated and have no serious side effects.

Trintellix is a serotonergic drug and when the drug is started for first few days the drug is known to worsen anxiety and can cause anxiousness. This is the reason the drug should be started with low dose and gradual dose escalation should be done. In most individuals the side effects go by own in about a couple of weeks.

Thanks and Take care