• question-icon

What causes anxiety and mood swings?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Mental Health
Question: dear sir/madam
my question is about two things. please address both these points in detail.

(a) anxiety & mood swings. whenever i am talking to someone or going somewhere or doing something (whether i am talking to a new person or a known person / whether i am going to a new place or a regular place like office, stores, airports etc. / whether i am doing something new or a routine work) i tend to get excited a lot. when i try to talk, some kind of slight shivering will be there both in body & voice. mind thinks too many words in regular speed to speak but unable to deliver those many words in that speed, i end up talking unclear & mispronouncing words. i used to talk very clearly & with average speed a few years back. now i don't know what happened that i am even unable to talk clearly with my own family members because usually when we are doing something new or giving a presentation there may be chances that stage fear or other factors may affect but this even happens when i am talking to my 6 months old baby.

(b) i work in a marketing company & talking clearly & confidently is a must factor. this problem of mine is affecting a little to my career. also, as far as i have observed, while talking i feel that my tongue is not rolling how its supposed to role while talking due to which i end up talking incorrectly & mispronounce. i feel that my tongue gets heavy or thick. i don't know u understood what i am explaining or not. pls acknowledge. is this common or something major problem? because its very difficult to explain these when i consult a doctor. they may conclude in some other context & suggest something which is not going to help me.

i also consulted psychiatrists & they suggested me to keep calm & talk as slow as possible. i have already tried these things which hasn't helped.

(a) is happening due to (b) & (b) is happening due to (a)

how to fix problem (a) & (b)
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxxxx
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

However it is never possible to comment about the speech of person without personally talking or interviewing the person.

I request you to attach few videos of 2-5 minutes and attach them to me. I will go through them and let you know what is the problem and what is the solution. You can also send them at YYYY@YYYY and address it to my name: Dr Ashok Kumar

Thanks again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist