What causes anxiety and depression?

Posted on Tue, 22 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: This mole appeared in January. It is around the 5mm mark smaller than a pencil eraser. It hasn't changed visibly, I have seen a doctor about it but it's causing me a lot of anxiety. Does it appear to look like I should be worried about it or look like a possible melonoma?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Doesn’t look like a melanoma at this time. However, keep an eye on it!!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I understand your anxiety. However, a review of the images raises no immediate worries about a cancer. The main thing to do at this point is to put an eye on it to report all changes for evaluation and guidance. They include:

1. Any increase in size
2. Any color change
3. Any new symptoms: bleeding, itches, etc.
4. Any other thing you think is abnormal.

If this mole were to ever become a cancer, these symptoms and signs will alert for timely evaluation and management.

I hope this helps and guides. Always keep me updated if any new worries develop. Until next, stay well and feel free to follow up with me if any need arises.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 22 minutes later
Thanks so much! Do most moles stay stable over time?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, most moles stay stable over time!

Detailed Answer:

Only a tiny proportion of moles ever become a problem. Keep monitoring just in case any changes set in for further review and care.

I wish you well. Keep me posted.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah