What causes anxiety and depression

Posted on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 in Mental Health
Question:
I feel great every morning, but have anxiety/depression after lunch. What is wrong?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern.

Sleep has an overall positive and anxiolytic effect on our mindset as a whole , normally. Post meals the blood flow and circulation is greatly altered. In adequate sunlight exposure i.e natural light , in the post lunch sessions can also be a cause. A fluctuating blood glucose level could also be a factor. However none of these can be truly confirmed without a psychiatric exam.

I would suggest you to consult a psychiatrist
so that a XXXXXXX mental state exam is performed.
to ascertain depression and or anxiety,
Medications can be adjusted afterwards in addition to cognitive behavioral therapy. Yoga and meditation , too have proven benefit in addition to relaxing exercise. The timings of your meal may be altered to see for improvement and its correlation with your symptoms.

Types of psychotherapy that have been used for the treatment of major depressive disorder are

•Behavior therapy
•Cognitive-behavioral therapy
•Family therapy
•Group psychotherapy
•Interpersonal psychotherapy
•Interpersonal therapy
•Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
•Psychodynamic psychotherapy
•Supportive psychotherapy

Let me know if you have any query

wishing you best of health

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil