question-icon

What causes anxiety and depression while using Vovelle dot?

Posted on Tue, 22 Jul 2014
Question: I just sent this question to you on themHystersisters sight....no answer. Ill try this one.
I had a complete hysterectomymwhen I was 50. I am now 66. At first i used Estratest which was wonderful until the company discontinued it. I have been using the Vovelle dot. Lately i have been having anxiety attacks, crying spells, depression,etc. My doc gave me a blood test and told me today that i am not absorbing the Estrogen. He gave me Estrogel. Do you think it works?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
PATCH AND GEL BOTH WORK WELL, ESTROGEL SHOULD WORK

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Basically, the Vivelle dot is a patch.
Patches work better than oral hormonal therapy.
Gels too are equally good at providing the hormones.
IN fact, for some reason, due to climate or lack of manufacturing standards, the patch might not stick or work as well as expected.
The gel is more reliable in that sense.
So yes, Estrogel can be assumed to work in your case, if the patch was ineffective for some reason.
Please go through the following link , it will provide more reassurance.
Try out the Estrogel, it is expected to work.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/0000
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN