What causes anorexia and weight loss when diagnosed with stone in gallbladder?
Please provide more information, consult a psychiatrist
Hello Mr XXXXXXX
Welcome to health care magic, you will be alright, don't worry
3.8 mm gall stone is very small stone in gall bladder which can be tretaed with drugs or surgery, so you need not to worry at all.
Loos of weight as well as loss of appetite warrants detailed evaluation to find out underlying cause
I would advise you for a battery of tests like hemoglobin, CBC, Liver function test, tests to rule out malabsorption, stool test for ova, cyst or protozoa and endoscopy if need be.
if you have oredered these investigation than please upload me the reports.
Here I would like further information to guide you better like
Your weight and height, dietary habit
Do you smoke or drink?
do you feel your abdominal discomfort increases after food or it relieves after taking food?
are you taking adequate sleep for at least 6 to 8 hours
Mood swing and depression might be related to underlying eating disorder, so I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist whenever you get appointment for behavioral therapy and drugs if need be.
Meanwhile you can take anyiacidity or antiemetic drug like pantoprazole and domperidone combination for vomiting and acidity
you should take plenty of fruits and vegetables
Multivitamin supplements are advisable
Hope I could answer your question, Please write back to me with the details I have asked for, so that I will be able to tell you more precisely.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vomiting and dirrehea with weight loss
- What is causing regular weight loss when having proper diet
- What are the causes of slow weight loss
- What is the cause of dizziness and rapid weight loss
- What causes abdominal discomfortbloating and weight loss with constipation
- What causes sudden weight loss and pain in neck
- What causes sudden weight loss with anxiety
- Persistent vomiting weight loss what could be the cause
- What causes weight loss in a new born baby
- What causes drastic weight loss