What causes anankastic personality disorder?
Psychiatric illness may change with time
Hi, thanks for writing through HCM.
I have read your query and understood your concerns. You have been diagnosed as suffering from anankastic personality disorder and OCD.
I just want to know few things: Answer the following questions:
1. When was the first time you noticed the impulsive behavior? AT what age?
2. Did you have obsession regarding any contamination or any doubt previously or during 20s and 30s?
3. Did your childhood passed through harsh discipline from parents?
4. Were you oppositional to authority when child?
5. How often do you experience the grandiose behavior?
6. Did you have any childhood trauma?
7. Who has made the diagnosis of anankastic personality and OCD?
8. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?
9. Did you have these impulsive behaviors and irrational acts during childhood?
10. How was you as a child? Explain: calm, social or oppositional, rebelious
Answer the above questions. I feel that you need detailed evaluation for making a diagnosis. Sometimes the psychiatric illness may change over time.
I am waiting for your reply. Wish you good health.
As a child i was extremely hyperactive and rebellious. My upbringing was strict and lacked love. I was confrontational and could be angry and aggressive.
I have grandiose behaviour all the time to a greater or lesser degree. All the dreams i can recall are related to war heroism, great battles.
I talk excessively and fast. In relation to being impulse i gave £30,000 to criminal whom i had just met. I would purchase houses without looking at them. I was obsessed with sex ie frequency. sometimes i don't want to say something as is beyond boundaries or just the wrong thing to say however feel compelled to talk.
I would say i have insight. i have depression which fluctuates. I can be depressed and yet behave con try ie singing.
I was only diagnosed with personality disorder aprox 2 years ago
I apologise in answer I was diagnosed for ocd by a psychologist and bpd by advanced nurse practitioner.
It can be bipolar disorder
Hi, thanks for writing again.
After reading your answers, I can say that you had difficult childhood and it was not without the psychiatric problems. I feel that you might have oppositional defiant behavior as a child and with hyperactivity which has continued in Adulthood.
The obsessive illness and impulse control problems at the initiation of the illness in 20s complicate the picture of the illness. Do you have ever taken antidepressant drug? Because antidepressant drugs like prozac, zoloft etc. are used for OCD and it can cause a person to go into mania if s/he is vulnerable.
I feel that you have more of impulse control problems which are manifesting as expenditure of money, talkativeness and irrational decisions. You might have impulses to do something and when you try to stop them you would have anxiety or restlessness. Person with Impulse control disorder is also having mood fluctuations commonly.
I feel that you need a proper evaluation by a psychiatrist because with little conversation, it is really hard to make confirm diagnosis while you are really having a complicated picture of the illness.
Final possible diagnosis would be: Childhood oppositional behavior has converted to adult impulse control problem with mood fluctuations.
Proper treatment from a psychiatrist will help you. GO and visit a psychiatrist.
Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have further clarifications then close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Paranoid personality disorder causes
- Depressive personality disorder causes
- Schizoid personality disorder causes
- What causes paranoid personality disorder with night traumas
- Histrionic personality disorder causes
- Personality disorder causes
- Borderline personality disorder causes
- Avoidant personality disorder causes
- Antisocial personality disorder causes
- What causes ptsd and adhd personality disorders
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks and insomnia
- Does Keppra have anti OCD effects?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and warm and itchy skin
- Suggest remedy for anxiety during alcohol withdrawal phase
- Is there a safe medication to decrease libido?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- Suggest an OTC medicine to calm anxiety and chest pain
- Is it safe to have Edronax and Pristique together?
- Can tapering from drug Klonopin cause coughing and excess secretions in...
- Suggest treatment for adult ADHD and ADD