• question-icon

What causes anal pain while suffering from constipation?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi Sir,

Last week i had a hard stool,no blood but pain on sides of anus.Then i started drinking more water and took some lexatives.My stool became normal and on regular times.But since last week still after going to normal stools,i feel pain on sides of anus for some time and it goes.

Could you please help me how to reduce the pain .I am worried.
Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sunil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anti inflammatory should be taken with laxatives.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.
Our rectum and anal canal is lined by smooth layer of cells called mucosa.
When a person is constipated the hard stools rub against this mucosa and damages it.This breech in layer of mucosal covering leads to inflammation resulting in pain.

As per your query regarding pain-
First and the foremost thing is that stools should be normal so that they can pass easily and does not irritate the lining of mucosa.For it continue taking laxative daily.

Secondly anti inflammatry and wound healers should be taken for few days to heal the already inflammed mucosal wound.
For that i would recommend you to take-
Tab Diclofenac 50 mg twice daily-Potent anti inflammatory.
Tab Chymoral forte thrice daily(chymotrypsinogen) promotes early healing of mucosal layer.
Tab Celin 500 mg once daily contains vitamin C and is responsible for early and fast healing.

Follow them for 5 days.You may need a prescription.

Follow up after 5 days.

Thank you!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply Sir.

So the pain is because of inflmmation.

I am worried whether i have piles or something else.

So where do i get prescription for the tablets.Is it possible for you to give me sir.

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sunil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
reply to patients follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Yes it can be hemorrhoid also but as your history is of acute duration(only one week) we should rule out common cause first.
Actually hemorrhoid is also a sort of inflammation in veins only.
You can get prescription from your family doctor or any registered doctor.I am sorry but online prescription would not be valid.
Follow up after 5 days.
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 6 hours later
So may I know the symptoms of pies and how it can be cured???
Answered by Dr. Sunil 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no cure however symptoms can be controlled very well.For cure surgery is to be done but chances of recurrence are quiet high.

Detailed Answer:
hey,
Hemorrhoid symptoms may include finding bright red blood on your toilet paper or seeing blood in the toilet after a bowel movement. Other common symptoms include rectal pain, pressure, burning, and itching. You may also be able to feel a lump in your anal area.
Treatment of hemorrhoids varies depending on where they are, what problems they are causing, and how serious they are.

Eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Doing so softens the stool and increases its bulk, which will help you avoid the straining that can worsen symptoms from existing hemorrhoids. Add fiber to your diet slowly to avoid problems with gas.Suppository containing hydrocortisone (RUTICOOL)would be very helpful.

80% cases usually settles down bt taking conservative treatment only.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Sunil

Gastroenterologist