What causes anal itching at night?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi Doctor,

Sometimes my anus is itching, I already went to a doctor 2 years ago who gave me a cream (mytosil) to put on my anus when it was itching he said its or hemoroids or juste because I have so much hair that it is hard to dry for me when I get out of the shower. Sometimes it itch so much during night, I am to lazy to get up and then I just sratch my anus and I already had some bleed on my fingers. But only 2 times. Also when I go to the toilet sometimes there is blood because I wipe myself to much. I used to stay a long time on the toilet in my adolesence.

I uploaded two pictures also not concerning my anus but my but, you can see its red , I think I scratch myself during night when it itches me because I dont feel any itching during day and I dont scratch my self there during day.

Sorry to ome with such pictures but I am a bit anxious
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get a treatment for worms.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, an elucidate history and picture.
Read and understood your history well.
You have got anal itching only during the night and never in the day time.
This is classically seen in case of people who have threadworms/pinworms.

Consult your Doctor and get a prescription for tablet Albendazole with Ivermectin to be taken on empty stomach today and repeat after 15 days.

I hope this will help you get a cure.
If this does not help then consult a General Surgeon, get clinical evaluation, examination of the area to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Also take additional multivitamins, probiotics.
You can use hair dryer to dry the anal and peri-anal area after shower.

I hope this answer helps you.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 8 minutes later
I see thank you, thats also why I have some white spots in my cells?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
White spots on cells- do you mean on the scrotum ?

Detailed Answer:
Please explain, white spots on cells.
If you mean by scrotum, the cause can be dermatitis.
Please show this to the Doctor.

Thread/pinworms cause itching only in the anal region and nowhere else.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon