What causes an urge to defecate soon after eating a meal?

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Immediately after I eat a meal I h as very to go to their restroom, this is a constant issue. What causes this to happen and what can I take for it
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ibs

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.

I saw the message. Bowel urge after eating and drinking is common occurrence in irritable bowel syndrome. Its common inmost of the individuals.
You will be absolutely fine with antacids,probiotis and life style midification.

Take Tab Pan 40mg twice daily 1/2 before food for 1 week,Syp sucralfate 10ml thrice daily after food and optibac probiotic pill once daily after food for 3 weeks.

Life style modification: Drink plenty of fluids at least 4-5 litres per day.
Avoid alcohol,smoking,Red meat,high fatty stuff.
Take fruits and boiled vegetables.

Get back if any query.

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 6 hours later
What is tab pan, syp sucralfate, optical probiotic pills and where do I purchase these products
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
good health

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for follow up.

Tab pan is an antacid and sucralfate is oral carafate used in treating Irritable bowel syndrome. Optibac is oral probiotic pill which is used for long term in irritable bowel syndrome.
All these medications are available over the counter. They don't need any prescription.

Get back if any query.

Dr VSK