What causes an upset stomach after a meal?
Most likely gastroenteritis.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
Most likely you are suffering from Gastroenteritis.It is an intestinal infection marked by diarrhoea, cramps, nausea, vomiting .However its not necessary that all symptoms are there in a single patient.Depending on the cause, viral gastroenteritis symptoms may appear within one to three days after you're infected and can range from mild to severe. Symptoms usually last just a day or two, but occasionally they may persist as long as 10 days.
Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration–You need to drink more than usual to replace the fluids lost from vomiting and diarrhoea. Water is best, but you could also try fruit juice and soup.
Take Tylenol for any fever or aches and pains.
Get plenty of rest.
If you feel like eating, try small amounts of plain foods, such as soup, rice, pasta and bread.
Use special rehydration drinks made from sachets electral solution to maintain depleted electrolyte levels in serum.
Take anti-vomiting medication (such as zofran 4 mg twice ) and antidiarrhoeal medication (such as loperamide upto 16 mg a day) .
Take 3 days antibiotic and anti protozoal therapy
Tab Ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day(9a.m-9 p.m)
Tab Metronidazole 400 mg twice daily(9a.m-9p.m)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of upset stomach acidity and vomiting
- What causes upset stomach during pregnancy
- Upset stomach after every meal
- Hummus causes upset stomache
- What causes upset stomach
- Causes of upset stomach at night
- What is the treatment for upset stomach
- Utrogestan causing upset stomach
- Causes of upset stomach for weeks
- What are the causes of darker urine and upset stomach