What causes an oval shaped lump on the tonsil?
No need to investigate further
From the looks of it , it looks like a blocked gland either minor salivary or a mucus gland. And because of the blockage the gland has swollen up a bit.
You dont have any symptoms and no neck nodes, so i dont think you need to investigate further as most of the time it will automatically rupture and resolve.
You can gargle with warm salt water 2 times a day as it will prevent any secondary infection from setting in.
Apart from this you do not need any other medications or treatment.
Please dont worry
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes white pustules on tonsils
- What can cause a cyst in the tonsil
- What causes chronic tonsillitis and quinsy
- What causes pustules on tonsils
- Whats the main std that cause tonsillitis
- Lump on tonsil causing sore throat
- What causes lumps on tonsils with white spots
- What causes white spots on tonsils
- What causes tonsillitis
- What causes tonsil tags